Saturday, January 17, 2009

Duston & Sean's Room

A Great Friend, Sharon Hutchinson, shared this beautiful bed on the left & gave it to us for Sean. We sure do appreciate her unselfishness on sharing this with us. It looks great in their room & makes a lot more room. Sean was using a crib of the same color but it was very bulky. I can't believe how perfectly this bed matches the other one!
I would love for Rob to make it into bunk beds, but we will see if that is feasible. I haven't mentioned it to Rob yet. ;-)

My Creative Mother made their rag quilts & painted the canvas on the wall by the window. The words on the wall is the Scripture that Dusti picked out for his room since he has bad dreams sometimes. We thought he did real well picking out a Scripture that means a lot to him. Ask him when you see him & he will probably quote it for you. :-)
Excuse the white spot on the wa
ll, my Man took out the old thermostat & repaired the wall but ALAS we can't find the paint to match the wall. :-/









Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Gayle said...

That is Awesome! I love the colors!
How nice of Sharon to do that.
I love your background also.

Michele said...

I love the scripture on the wall and the frogs remind me of the phrase, Fully, Rely On God!

Misty said...

Very nice!! We have toddler beds like that.

I saw somewhere where they had turned them into bunkbeds...It was nice for little ones because they are so low.

Dorcas said...

That's really nice!! And I like the verse Duston chose.

Keith and Crystal said...

Their room is adorable. I love the colors, too.

Did you paint the verse on the wall, or get the stick on letters? I love that!!

Mark and Laura Fultz said...

Nice to see your blog and "catch up" with you guys. BTW would you be so kind as to e-mail me a snail mail address for your brother Jeff and Becky? roseosharon@juno.com
Thanks a bunch!
L.

Anonymous said...

Hey...there you are. I just messaged you on FB to see if you still had a Blog ~ and here you are. I found you on Randy & Kristin's blog. You'll have to stop by and see mine now. I finally did something with it. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season. =)

Anonymous said...

Adoreable! I'm so happy for you, Sean! A BIG BOY BED! Your room IS cute...even if there are FROGS there. Love, Ms. Laura