Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kiana's 1st Day in 1st Grade

Click to play 1st Day of 1st Grade
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Kiana is so Excited to start 1st Grade this year. She will turn 6 in December, but since she can already read & write we decided that Kindergarten would be boring for her. So far, she has done great her 1st week. We are using the ABeka DVD program at home & love it!

My dear husband put in LONG hours getting this room ready for her first day. He had to tear out the old baseboard heater; touch up the walls; tear off old baseboard & doors, put on new; paint ceiling, walls, trim & baseboards. He wasn't able to start until Tues. a week before we started school. Plus, we went away Sat.-Mon. evening. So....as you can see in the pictures the outlets & the doors aren't finished.

Thank-you Daryl & Laura for coming to help paint & making supper for us on Thurs. night!

I was very happy with how the room turned out. I am using Mary Engelbreit posters & calendar, so my Very Creative & Talented Mother painted the black chair for me. The artwork looks EXactly LIke M.E.'s!

4 comments:

Dorcas said...

Her classroom is really cute! I hope she (and you) have a good school year!

The Dickinsons said...

Deanna, How adorable! I love the room, the pics of the kids, and the neat family breakfast! I'll start our girls soon. (Once I get Elijah settled in here in Colombia.)

Misty said...

The classroom is very cute, you all did a great job! She looks like she is enjoying it!

I may be picking your brain about homeschooling later on.....

Did you know that someone got our girls mixed up last weekend, she came to Crystal and said "I just asked Misty's oldest daughter if she was liking kindergarten and she said she wasn't in Kindergarten, she was starting first grade and doing Abeka videos at home." Crystal said "Are you SURE you had Misty's??" LOL

Gayle said...

Deanna, The room looks great! I love the chair your mom did! Congratulations Kiana hope you have a great year
love,
Grammy