Friday, June 8, 2007

Pie Recipes

Summer Berry Cheese Pie
1 pint (2 1/4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
1 T. lemon juice
2/3 c. plus 2T. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 pint (2 cups) blueberries
1 pkg. cream cheese
Cool Whip (opt.)
Combine 1/2 of strawberries & lemon juice ~ mash berries.
Add 1/3 c. plus 2 T. sugar ~ stir.

Combine 1 pkg. cream cheese & 1/3 c. sugar. Spread cheese mix in to 9" graham cracker crust.

Combine cornstarch & strawberry mix in saucepan.Boil and stir for 2 min. (food coloring opt.)Cool slightly, fold in blueberries & remaining strawberries.Put in crust & cool.

Spread a small layer of Cool Whip on top.Decorate with berries (Americana is cool) or shaved chocolate.

(I put my blueberries in frozen, so I didn't let the mix cool a little first.Also, I put my pie in the freezer to set up good then put it in the fridge)



Heather's Peanut Butter Pie
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool WhipGraham Cracker Crust
Chocolate chips (opt)

Blend cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, powdered sugar and Cool Whip. Pour into crust.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top (small ones look cuter). Freeze until hard. Takes 3-4 hours at least to freeze.

(Use the smallest Graham Cracker Crust or double the recipe & use 9". If you double, you will probably have extra to just pour in a bowl & freeze for an extra little dessert)

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Your pies sound delicious! And they looked yummy too! Thanks for the new Strawberry pie recipe. I've copied it, and I'll have to try it...without the blueberries, since I haven't found those here...yet!

And that Peanut Butter pie sounds yummy too! ;) The birthday party for Kristin looked like a lot of fun! Thanks for all your hard work to make it happen!

Love y'all,
Heather =)

Brenda said...

Wow! Both of these sound very delicious! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing!

Gayle said...

Deanna those pies sound delicious!
Can't wait to try them out.
That was so nice of you to do that for Kristin. Looks like a lot of fun. Happy Belated Birthday Kristin!
Love,
Grammy