Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yummy recipe with cabbage



Trying to eat less carbs/starches/fat, to lose some lbs.
Cabbage is a great Food for weight Loss.
Made this meal last night, with fear and trembling, that it would NOT be good.
Rob AND kids Loved it! and ate seconds.

Cabbage Chicken Salad with Rice

1/2 head of cabbage sliced thin
Chicken grilled or sauteed in olive oil
Seasoned Rice
Amino Acids or Soy sauce
I put the cabbage on my plate, add some rice on top, then chicken and sprinkly with Liquid Aminos.
That's it, but so Yummy, the crunch of the cabbage is Perfect and it is Low-fat!  I thought it would
need some lettuce mixed in with the cabbage, but it is GREAT without the lettuce.
Kids ate it with Ranch or Russian dressing.

Cut cabbage Fine like this:


Marinade for 6 boneless Chicken Breasts:
1/3 c. olive oil
1/3 c. amino acids or soy sauce
1/8 c. lemon juice
1 T. liquid smoke
1 T. spicy mustard (whatever you have, dijon, horseradish, etc...)
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
Mix in gallon ziploc bag and add chicken.
Sit in fridge until ready to grill/saute.

Seasoned Rice
2 c. Jasmine rice
3 1/2 c. water
salt
pepper (generous)
garlic powder
olive salt
amino acids
butter/olive oil
chicken boullion cube opt.
curry seasoning opt.
I taste my water to check the flavor.  You want the water to be a bit saltier than you like, because
once it cooks it will be just right.  Sorry, I don't measure, just toss in the seasonings to taste.  I use this rice recipe all the time.

2 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Mmmmm, looks good, I'll have to try it sometime!! Thanks for sharing. Hope you guys are good, we gotta get together sometime soon! Love ya'll, Carla

The Dickinsons said...

Sounds and looks yummy!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my Grandma's passing. I'm so GLAD she's in Heaven and not suffering anymore. We surely MISS her and I am missing being home right now, but Jesus is helping me.

You'll have to go and read the comment I left about your twins...on Janie's post about her "twins." =)

Have a great day!
~Heather~