We are NOT Sweet Pepper lovers, but they are SO Good for you, plus recently we have had an abundance of them.
One day at Krogers they had samples of this recipe. I did not expect to like it, but Sean & I tried it.
When we exclaimed how Yummy it was, the other 2 tried it & liked it too.
Now, this is a Recipe I often use.
SO DELICIOUS & non-pepper people like it (at least in our household :-)
When I made it this week I had to do some changes, due to lack of what they called for & LOVED it.
Instead of canned tomatoes, I used fresh.
I use about 1 1/2 c. of chopped peppers, various colors
I took a lg. can of Whole Plum Tomatoes (Because it was in my pantry) AND put it in the processor with basil, parsley, salt & pepper and Olive oil, Used this in place of canned tomato sauce.
I also use Jasmine Rice, so I cook it ahead of time with the Worcestershire, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, a few of the tomatoes & peppers.
Also, didn't have enough Sharp Cheddar, so I put some provolone/mozzarella mix on top too.
Then, once mixed, you just have to bake until cheese is melted basically.
With the above changes, it tasted so much fresher & Absolutely Delicious!!!!
Loved the fresh tomatoes & "homemade" tomato sauce especially.
Sounds like a lot of work, but once you get your routine down, it doesn't take anytime to whip up.
Especially if you have something electric to just "Whiz" your veggies in to chop them fine.
I always double the recipe, because it is even better the next day for lunch!
Unstuffed Pepper Bake
Unstuffed Pepper Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes Serves: 4-6
|

4 comments:
This sounds really good!
Sounds yummy. I'll have to try it sometime!
~Heather~
MMMMM, I'm gonna have to try this next time I have lots of peppers!! Thanks for sharing! ~Carla~
I like this that it's a meal-in-one dish and your right, fresh is ALWAYS better! Way to go, I'm gonna try this week! love ya, Laura
Post a Comment