Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Newest Soup Recipe! :-)


Rob came home early today to take our BullMastiff, Abbie, to get an x-ray to know how many puppies she will be having. YEAH!


Anyway, we were just sitting down to lunch. After tasting my "chili", he said, "WOW, this is really good!" I had to laugh & said "Don't count on having it again, 'cause I just threw in what I had on hand."


Thought I'd post the recipe for you to "enjoy". :-)


"Deanna's Conglomeration Chili"


about a 1lb. of leftover sloppy joe meat

25 oz. of tomato soup

28 oz. can of Kroger baked beans

10.5 oz. can of Hot dog chili sauce(been trying to get rid of it, but didn't know how:-)

14.5 oz. Aldi Diced tomatoes & Green Chilies

1 pkt. of chili seasoning mix

a shaking of:

chili powder

salt

onion salt

garlic powder

Smoke flavoring

and 1 Tbs. of Bragg's vinegar


We all really liked it, but it was quite spicy! Very good, served it with my "Old-Fashioned Cornbread" once again.

5 comments:

Dorcas said...

That sounds really good!!

~Carla~ said...

I love the recipe, sounds like my kind of cooking!! "Clean out the fridge" recipes sometimes come out the best!!! I love your pic of the serving, it looks so classy, yet warm and homey!!! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Very nice. : )

Heidi said...

Thanks! Not really. I'm working on some things, now that everything has slowed down. It will just take awhile.

Greg & Stephanie said...

My mind is usually way ahead of what I am actually reading, so when I clicked this post I was fully expecting to go right into a great soup recipe...and the first words to hit my eyes were "bull mastiff"...that scared me for a sec, then I realized that you weren't really tossing it into the soup. :) Sorry...had to share!