Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My small organizational ideas

My friend, Stephanie, posted a blog about organization ideas. So....here are the few ideas I have.
I got tired of dealing with big plastic bins of my gift wrapping stuff. So, I decided to use these canvas bins from Wal-Mart. I put my bags by size in the largest, the next has my tissue paper (lined up in colors) in it, & the other I have my ribbon. I use paper clips to hold my ribbons together. Beside the bins I have some of my ribbon on an old paper towel holder, I have asked Rob to fix my up with a dowel rod to put my other ribbons on. My wrapping paper rolls I put in this great canvas holder from Home Depot Clearance. They are normally in the closet but I brought them out for this picture.
ON a side note, my Mom painted this old chair in Mary Engelbreit style for her schoolroom.

My sister-in-law asked me how I organize my girls bows. I have 2 of these little drawer bins from the Dollar Store.
The Bilum from Papua New Guinea has my clothes pins (which I use for chip clips plus hanging clothes). The natural colored basket has oranges & other fresh fruits, the white is one for potatoes that I found for a few cents at Good-Will. I was very excited with it because it is flat on the side of the handle so I can hang it against the wall. The fruit basket I used string to hang from my pantry shelves. The green/white gingham is a plastic bag holder.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas. I use the plastic storage bins that I can push under the bed for my gift bags and rolls of paper. I wish I had it all together in the organization department. I'm determined to get there eventually. I'm having a tupperware party Saturday so hopefully I can get more modular mates to store my food items. I love how the different sizes work together. I try to take my food (chips, pretzels, crackers, etc.) out of their bags/boxes as soon as I get home from the store and immediatly put them in modular mates so they stay fresh. Maybe I'll have to do a post and show pictures.

Dorcas said...

Good ideas, Deanna!!

Michele said...

Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Nina in Portugal said...

I like the basket idea in your pantry!! Hmmm...now you've got me thinking!! (That's scary!)