Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sean's 1st Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEAN!!!

We finally had Sean's family party 8 days after his birthday due to Rob's uncle, Marion passing away & postponing the celebration.

Kiana helped me wrap the forks in orange napkins which are in the vase beside the cake.

I tried to make a cake that looked like a pumpkin which really didn't until I added the real pumpkin stem in the middle. Only problem was it made the cake split a bit down the side. I wrote Happy Birthday Sean in cursive green lettering to try to look like vines. Every year I make a theme cake for each of the kids, this was a tradition in our home which I always enjoyed. The problem is I am very pitiful at cake decorating. I try my BEST, just there isn't much "best" to it! :-)


Grandma Kennedy with 3 of her 6 grandchildren.



Kelly Becker, the kids favorite babysitter & our good friend. SHe is a Senior in H.S. at GBS.



Brent Becker is joining the Marines this month & headed to Paris Island. Love you Brent & Very Proud of YOU!




Cousins ~ Kiana, Autumn, Kaylee, Sean, Kyle, Randalyn, Duston & Sarah.








Kiana & Dusti gave him a Lion towel & puppet that they bought


with their own money. :-)


After opening all his gifts he came back to his card from Grandpa & Grandma Kennedy. It was too cute!


"Happy Birthday, Dear Sean, Happy Birthday to YooooooUUUUU!"

Dusti belted out the last "YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU!"


He was very gentle with his cake, taking one lick at a time, Until.....some family members "helped" him, then he started slapping his head & face & clapping icing all over the place!

He was very polite & stayed "with" his guests until the very end,


(since his bed is in the living room)


He immediately fell asleep once the cake was eaten & he was all cleaned up. We moved his crib from our room out here because he was waking up every hour or so. Once out here he only wakes us once around 5 am., usually. Mommy doesn't want to have to walk all the way to the other side of the house to his room, so he will stay here until he starts sleeping through the night. ;-)



6 comments:

Gayle said...

Happy 1st Birthday Sean!
So sorry we missed coming to your party it looks like you had a great time. Your Mommy did a great job with the cake it looks YUMMY!
Love,
Grammy & Pastor

Beth said...

Happy 1st B-day.

Love
Beth

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks great Deanna. I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class and never got around to it. Marianne Brown made Blakes this year. It was a Thomas the train and was really cute. I would never be brave enough to try it myself.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! I love the last picture of him sleeping - too cute. And by the way, I liked the cake!

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Birthday, Sean! Your party looks fun and your Mommy did a GREAT job on your cake. It looked pretty and delicious! Wish I could've had some. (We cannot get cake mixes here, and so right now while I'm pregnant, a moist cake mix sounds soooo good! I don't have the energy to make a cake from scratch right now. =)

Glad to see the great pics of the party, how fun. I'm praying for the Beckers, Brent and all of y'all as I know that this time of saying goodbye to Brent was NOT easy!!!!


Love, Heather =)

snakesnailsbuttonsnbows said...

Happy Happy Birthday!
Love,JJ,Anthony,Austin,& Kaitlyn.
Ps How did you do the last picture? Do you share your secrets? I will probibly open my blog once the twins are born.