Thursday, September 13, 2007

Apple-Pear Salad

Apple-Pear Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
from the kitchen of: Gelene Hodge

1 (10 or 16oz.) pkg. romaine lettuce
1 (6oz.) block Swiss cheese, shaved or shredded
1 c. roasted, salted cashews
1/2 c. sweetened dried cranberries
1 lg. apple, thinly sliced & cut in half
1 lg. pear, thinly sliced & cut in half
Poppy Seed Dressing

Toss together all ingredients. Add the Poppy Seed Dressing to serve.

Poppy Seed Dressing
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. onionsalt
1 t. dry mustard
1/3 c. vinegar
1 c. oil
1 T. poppy seed

Heat vinegar & sugar, plus seasonings until sugar is dissolved. Combine with oil & beat for 5 minutes. Add poppy seed.

I went to my brother, Ryan & Katrina's house for Labor Day. On Sun. her Mamaw made this for Sunday Dinner & supper. It is SOOOoo Yummy!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Sounds Yummy! I will have to try it. I love poppy seed dressing.
Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this if for no other reason than it's Sis. Hodge's recipe. She is one
GOOD cook! She had my bridal shower at her house 18 1/2 years ago - a lovely decorator, too. She's a wonderful example of the Proverbs 31 woman. I still have the rug she made me in front of my kitchen sink where it's been for almost 18 1/2 years! what pleasant memories! Thanks, Deanna!