Zippy Beans & Rice
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. chicken broth
sprinkle with salt
sprinkle with Taco Seasoning, maybe 1-2 T.
1 c. uncooked rice
Mix all together & boil, then turn on low for 30 minutes.
Then add a mixture of shredded Mozzarella/Provolone cheese to the top just until melted. (or whatever cheese you have). We liked it served with sour cream & taco sauce, but not necessary.
Serves 6-8
Chicken Quesadillas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
chopped green peppers (I do it so fine you can hardly see it, but the flavor is there :-)
chopped onion (same with the onion, chopped fine)
olive oil
little water
taco seasoning
3/4 c. salsa
butter or margarine
4-10" soft flour tortillas or 6-8" tortillas
sour cream
taco sauce
2 c. mozzarella/provolone cheese mix shredded
In a skillet fry your chunks of chicken in a small amount of olive oil, with the green peppers & onions. When it is cooked add your salsa, sprinkle with taco seasoning & add a little water just to keep it from cooking onto the bottom of the pan.
Spread one side of each tortilla with butter/margarine. Spoon your 1/3 c. chicken mixture onto 1/2 the unbuttered side of each tortilla, then cover with 1/3 c. of cheese. Fold your tortilla shell in 1/2 then put on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Cut into pie shaped slices.
Dip into sour cream & taco sauce to eat.
Serves 4-6
YUMMY!
Dusti said in his deep, LOUD voice (he has 1 volume), "I need another (3rd) piece because it is SOOOOO yummy, Mom! Mm, Mm, Mmmm!" :-)
Just a little shopping tip. If you have a Gordon's Food Service (GFS) in your area it is the cheapest place to buy delicious cheese & sandwich meat! I buy a 5 lb. bag of shredded Mozzarella/Provolone cheese or cheddar cheese for $8.99! It is cheaper than Aldies, W-Mart, Sams or Costco. They also have lots of other foods at a great price. I always thought that they were only a commercial (camps, etc...) service, but anyone can buy there. Sis. Eisenhart introduced me to this great money & time-saving store. If there is a spice that you use a lot of they have real good spices too in the big containers. I buy a big container of taco seasoning there for about $4.00 & it saves me money plus opening 2-3 little packets per meal. We eat a lot of Mexican in case you can't tell. :-)
5 comments:
Looks yummy! I will have to add this to my menu next week!
That sounds really good!
I love shopping at GFS!
Thanks so much for sharing Rob with us tonight he was the Builder,Plumber, and Electrician tonight. He put in a new airconditioner in the store room at camp and a nice bright light and fixed the hose on the sink.
We could not have done it without him.
Love,
Grammy
Wow! This looks so good. Thanks for sharing the recipes.
looks yummy!
Looks really good. I have been looking for a good mexican rice recipe. I will have to try yours. It sure sounds good. I had never thought of putting the salsa in the quesadillas. I usually put it on top when serving. I'll try that next time.
Post a Comment