Saturday, August 4, 2012

Homemade Body Wash and Foam Hand Soap

I LOVE trying to stretch my budget by using homemade products that are actually easier than running to the store with 5 kids to buy more.  :-)

These are my favorite recipes from One Good Thing by Jillee's blog.
She is my ALL-TIME favorite blogger, because she tests her recipes to find the best before blogging it.

I have been making my own homemade Body Wash, "Shampoo" and Conditioner since November 2011 and LOVE it!

I also started making my own foam hand soap.  I bought $1 foam soap from $ Tree or Meijer, then once they were empty I started making my own.

The "Foaming Hand Soap"
1 Tbsp. of liquid detergent
Fill with water, leaving space to shake.
And THAT is IT!
I use Dawn with Oil of Olay, because I love the smell and the moisturizer in it.
Also, it is aqua blue, so it matches my bathroom and kitchen.  :-)

......it's the little things that make me happy

Cheap, Easy "Body Wash" or Liquid Hand Soap

1 bar of soap (my favorite is Caress)
2 cups of boiling water

Melt the soap for 90 sec. in the microwave or shave with a grater straight into the pan.
If you melt it, you must boil on the stove for a little to get it all dissolved and foamy.
I then pour into a mason jar to store.
I use plastic "Kroger" worcestershire jars that I have saved to use in the shower,
 because they dispense really well with a pop top.

This is the same recipe to make liquid hand soap, that is not foaming.
2 bars of Body Wash lasted Kiana and I almost 4 months, just for a point of reference to how much cheaper this is!

If you were real creative you could make your own cute labels using spray adhesive, but I haven't found the time to do that yet.  :-)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to do this when we get to the next place:) Thanks for the ideas!